The Samsung Note 5 is one of the crown jewels of the smartphone market. The phone has many great features. Its design has been revamped quite creatively in order to offer users a bigger screen with a slimmer and sleeker design. It weighs just about 171 grams and measures 153.2 mm in length, 76.1 mm in width and 7.6 millimeters in breadth. The 5.7-inch display with a Quad HD Super AMOLED is designed to offer one of the best display experiences. The performance has also improved too with the RAM now at 4 GB. The Samsung Note 5 also features a 16 MP rear camera and runs on the Android 5.1 Lollipop operating system. You also get the S Pen too. It’s a phone that stands tall at the top of the smartphone pyramid and it’s a joy to own it and use it.
Common Samsung Note 5 Issues
Despite the great design, performance, and quality that the Samsung Note 5 offers to its users, it’s not without its issues. Although each phone is unique and may have unique problems, there are a few common Samsung Note 5 problems that many people experience.
In such a situation, you can fix the issues using two options. You can either fix the issue on your own or send it to an expert authorized repair service. Using a repair service is often better and more reliable.
The Samsung Note 5 5.7-inch display with a Quad HD Super AMOLED screen is a big part of the phone’s majestic appeal and if it has issues, then it can affect the entire user experience.
Here are some of the screen issues you are likely to encounter with the phone:
- Screen Keeps Freezing – Some Samsung Note 5 users have reported that sometimes the screen freezes for no reason. The issue is random though. In most cases, the screen will freeze for about 5 seconds and remain unresponsive for that time.
- The blank screen problem – This is a case where the screen goes blank and remains that way. It does not respond to anything. The issue is also called the no display problem.
- Double Images – The Double images issue is a defect on the display that causes various icons on the screen to appear in doubles. It can be a software or hardware issue.
- Broken and Cracked Screen – The broken and cracked screen is the most common problem with Samsung Note 5 users. The screen can break for many reasons
Possible Solutions to Screen Issues
If the screen keeps freezing or goes blank, try to reboot the phone and see whether it solves it. As for the cracked or scratched screen, it needs to be replaced. Replacement of the Note 5 screen at a Samsung Service Center can cost as high as $340. iRepair has experts who can handle the sensitivity of replacing the Samsung Note 5 screen and they will help you.
The Phone Won’t Turn On
If your Samsung Note 5 fails to turn on even after pressing and holding the power on button then there are a few things you can try. The first thing is to connect it to a charger. If this does not help, try connecting it to a PC via USB. Finally, try and hold the power button and the volume down button at the same time and see whether this solves it. If it still fails to turn on, there could be another bigger issue. Take the phone to iRepair for an extensive check-up.
The Samsung Note 5 has a 3000 mAh battery. There are two common battery issues that the Samsung Note 5 has. The first one is quick drain. This is where the phone drains the battery too quickly. The other one is fast charging failing to work as expected. Although the Samsung Note 5 has had very small reported cases of battery problems, for most users who have had the phone for over a year it’s not uncommon to see a dip in the battery performance. Issues of overheating and bloating are also very common and must be fixed immediately.
- The first thing is to check on the settings sections if there are any apps draining your power. The phone has an abnormal battery feature that will show you what apps are draining the phone battery. Try and also change the charger and see if this makes a difference. If these two DIY steps fail, the battery could be damaged. It’s not easy to replace it at home and the best bet would be to have an authorized service center handle it. The experts at iRepair Singapore can be very helpful.
Samsung Note 5 Water Damage Repair
Water damage is not a common issue because there are very effective homemade remedies that can solve it if the phone falls into water. Although the Samsung Note 5 is dust and water resistant, it always helps to dry it out completely if it’s exposed to water. You may need to have the phone checked at iRepair too just to be sure.
The Samsung Note 5 16 MP rear camera may also be damaged. Cases of blurred images, no images, and blanked camera screen are very common. The lens might also get scratched or the camera may stop working all together. This is often a hardware issue. The best solution is to always have the lens or the camera replaced. At iRepair Singapore you will get the help you need.
Things to Note Before Taking The Samsung Note 5 For Repair
It’s important to try all the reasonable DIY fixes before sending the phone for a repair service. Understand the possible costs on the issues you have and see whether you can get more information online about them. Don’t also forget to back up your data and restore the phone to factory settings before sending it over to iRepair.
Authorized Samsung Note 5 Service Centers in Singapore
There are 2 major service centers that can help you with any Samsung Note 5 repair issue. They are opened from 11 AM to 8 PM during the week and 11AM to 5 PM on weekends.
- Samsung Customer Service Centre @ Plaza Singapura
68 Orchard Road #B2-23, Singapore 238839
- Samsung Customer Service Centre @ Westgate
3 Gateway Drive #02-01, Singapore 608532
If you want to drop off your device for repair and pick it up after the job is done, you can go to the following places:
- Samsung Experience Store @ AMK Hub
53 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3, #B1-37/38, Singapore 569933
- Samsung Experience Store @ Bedok Mall
311 New Upper Changi Road #B1-07, Singapore 467360
- Samsung Experience Store @ Causeway Point
1 Woodlands Square #03-12, Singapore 738099
Samsung Note 5 repair cost in Samsung authorise service center
LCD Replacement $340
Battery Replacement $180
Camera Replacement $180
Charging port Replacement $180
Authorized Third Party Repair Centers vs Samsung Support Centers
There are two options you can use to have your Samsung Note 5 repaired. The idea of using authorized third-party repair as opposed to the Samsung Service Centers has its own benefits. For starters, you are likely to spend less for the same repair job. Third-party repair centers are also quicker, they can handle motherboard repairs, and will not need to reset the phone to factory settings. The only challenge is that your warranty will be voided once the third-party repair service provider takes care of your issues.
In case you are looking for a third-party repair service with a proven track record of offering quality Note 5 repairs, you can go to iRepair Singapore anytime.